Friday, March 9, 2018

The Duct Taped Bathroom Door

Israel.  My friends and I had gone to the Dead Sea that day, and they had the bright idea of hiking up Masada the next morning during sunrise.  So we spent the night in that area.  We headed to a bar which was about the only place open at two in the morning.

I really, really needed to use the bathroom.  Found out there was only one bathroom -- the women's was shut down and we were to use the men's.  Evidently the door had been torn off in a brawl or something because it was attached to the frame with ONLY duct tape.

I'm short, and there was no way to latch it, so I had to use the toilet and just hope no one came in.

While I was sitting there, the door to the bathroom opened, and a man was looking right at me while I was using the toilet.  I just smiled, said, "Hi" and went about my business. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fan Fiction before it was cool.

When I was in First Grade, I got a book in my Easter basket called "Mumpsy goes to Kindergarten".  It was written in 1945 and by m...